Overall winner of the competition “2. JELSA SUMMER WINE TASTING “- Plovi Ploški Barrique 2013, Carić winery
The evaluation of Hvar wines was organized on Saturday 29.8. 2020, on the initiative of the Tourist Board of the Municipality of Jelsa and organized together by the Hvar Winemakers Association and the Wine Stars Project.
The Wine Festival, was canceled due to current epidemiological measures and the Tourist Board organized the Hvar Wine Week instead, in which local wines were offered at popular prices in restaurants, taverns and bars.
Cathegories of the wines :
blend with Bogdanuša
Competition was organized at bar Prošperin in Jelsa. Judges: Katherine Pepper (USA), Cheers Croatia, Siniša Šime Matković-Mikulčić, WSET2 (Secret Hvar Travel agency, Hvar), Eva Krištof, oenologist (Dubrovački podrumi), Miro Štec, wine lover (Hvar), Marija Vukelić, prof., WSET 2, project manager Vinske zvijezde (Wine Stars) i Saša Zec, oenologist , chairman of the commission.
1. Pavičić vina, Bogdanuša 2019 (88,250)
2. Vina Carić, Bogdanjuša 2019 (88,000)
3. Zlatan otok, Zlatan Bogdanuša 2019 (86,00)
Cuvée (blend) with bogdanuša
1. Zlatan otok, Zlatan otok Cuvée 2018 (90,00)
2. Vina Carić, Cesarica 2019 (89,00)
3. Vina Tomić, Beleca 2019 (88,750)
1. Vina Carić, Plovac Ploški barrique 2013 (92,750)
2. Hvar Hills Plavac mali Pharos Maxvimus 2013 (92,500)
3. Vino Leše, Plavac mali 2017 (91,500)
The highest score, overall winner : Vina Carić, Plovac Ploški barrique 2013 (92,750);